If a participant was diagnosed with prostate cancer during the trial, medical records of treatment for that cancer are obtained. Records were obtained only for treatments that occurred within one year of the cancer diagnosis, and include surgeries, radiation therapies and hormone therapies.
For most purposes, cancer treatment data can be obtained within the
Prostate dataset. Additional details can be found in the
Prostate Treatments dataset (one record per treatment per person).
- 89% of ~8800 men with prostate cancer have forms indicating treatment
- Of ~950 participants without forms, 92% were known to have no treatment
- Data collected for ~14,000 treatments among ~7800 men
- Collected on TIP (Treatment Information - Prostate) forms:
- Days from randomization
- General type of treatment (prostatectomy, radiation, etc.)
- Specific treatment (radical prostatectomy, external photon beam therapy, etc.)