Primary treatment assignment, time-to-treatment, and prostate cancer outcomes in PLCO
1. Investigate the effect of time-to-treatment and primary treatment on prostate cancer mortality and other cause mortality.
2. Identify socio-demographic factors and clinical characteristics associated with treatment delays among men with prostate cancer.
3. Assess clinical and socio-demographic factors associated with primary treatment assignment among men with prostate cancer.
4. Determine whether primary treatment assignment is associated with other cause mortality.
5. Examine treatment modalities and cancer outcomes among men with the same prostate cancer stage at diagnosis by comorbidity profile.
Dr. Paul Pinsky, NCI/DCP, Early Detection Research Branch
Dr. Iman K. Martin, NCI/DCP, Community Oncology and Prevention Trials Research Group
Dr. Kevin Dodd, NCI/DCP, Biometry Research Group
Prostate Cancer Incidence and Mortality Following a Negative Biopsy in a Population Undergoing PSA Screening.
Pierre-Victor D, Parnes HL, Andriole GL, Pinsky PF
Urology. 2021 Jun 26 PUBMED
Other and All-Cause Mortality among Men Diagnosed with Prostate Cancer in the PLCO Trial.
Pierre-Victor D, Pinsky PF, Miller E, Parnes H
J Urol. 2020 Dec 22; Pages 101097JU0000000000001531 PUBMED
Secondary prostate cancer screening outcomes by race in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian (PLCO) Screening Trial.
Miller EA, Pinsky PF, Black A, Andriole GL, Pierre-Victor D
Prostate. 2018 Apr PUBMED