New PLCO Data - Data version: nov18.d070819
Posted on Aug. 19, 2019, 12:07 p.m. in PLCO
The following updates were made to the PLCO datasets available on CDAS:
- More events and follow-up time
- Cancer diagnoses are now censored at December 31, 2009
- Deaths are now censored at December 31, 2015
- Exit status updated to account for new cutoffs (note formats differ from previous versions)
- In 2011, a process was initiated to have active follow-up of PLCO participants at a Centralized Data Collection Center (CDCC). A new variable reconsent_outcome was added to summarize the outcome of this transfer and re-consent process.
- New Main Questionnaire data added **this may not go up at the same time as the items above
- Medication Use Questionnaire (MUQ)
- Changes were made to make like variables more consistent
- Site specific cancer variables are now [site]_cancer instead of cancer_[site]
- Personal history variables are now ph_[site]_[qx] instead of [qx]_cohort_[site]
- Death variables now start with d_ instead of dcf_
- Staging formats were updated to all be consistent.
The total population now has 154,887 participants. Over the course of the trial this number decreases due to participants withdrawing, improper consent at randomization or duplication at randomization.