Adherence to the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension eating pattern reduces the risk of head and neck cancer in the PLCO Cancer Screening Trial
1. Sung H, Ferlay J, Siegel RL, Laversanne M, Soerjomataram I, Jemal A, et al. Global Cancer Statistics 2020: GLOBOCAN Estimates of Incidence and Mortality Worldwide for 36 Cancers in 185 Countries. CA: a cancer journal for clinicians. 2021;71(3):209-49.
2. Lam TK, Cross AJ, Freedman N, Park Y, Hollenbeck AR, Schatzkin A, et al. Dietary fiber and grain consumption in relation to head and neck cancer in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. Cancer causes & control : CCC. 2011;22(10):1405-14.
3. Perloy A, Maasland DHE, van den Brandt PA, Kremer B, Schouten LJ. Intake of meat and fish and risk of head-neck cancer subtypes in the Netherlands Cohort Study. Cancer causes & control : CCC. 2017;28(6):647-56.
4. Aleksandrova K, Koelman L, Rodrigues CE. Dietary patterns and biomarkers of oxidative stress and inflammation: A systematic review of observational and intervention studies. Redox biology. 2021;42:101869.
5. Wang K, Yu XH, Tang YJ, Tang YL, Liang XH. Obesity: An emerging driver of head and neck cancer. Life sciences. 2019;233:116687.
6. Myneni AA, Giovino GA, Millen AE, LaMonte MJ, Wactawski-Wende J, Neuhouser ML, et al. Indices of Diet Quality and Risk of Lung Cancer in the Women's Health Initiative Observational Study. The Journal of nutrition. 2021;151(6):1618-27.
To investigate whether adherence to the DASH diet is associated with head and neck risk in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal, and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial.
Zhiyong Zhu 1, Linglong Peng 1, Haitao Gu 1, Yi Xiao 1, Haoyun Luo 1, Zhiquan Xu 1, Hongmei He 1, Yaxu Wang 1, Ling Xiang 2
1 Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China.
2 Department of Clinical Nutrition, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China.